Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pregnancy Reflections - 6th Month

Buying maternity clothes was:
Has been a very disappointing affair! Really, who do those rip-off artists actually think that they're making these clothes for?? Apparently, if the clothes were any indicator this summer, pregnant women only hang out at the beach all day sporting tank tops, capris and maxi dresses! Professional dress? Forget it! Finding a suitable dress for the shower that (gasp) actually fit my body was a major feat. Ok, enough ranting. Promise. o:-)
The biggest change in my body has been:
My growing belly, which just starting showing 2 weeks ago, strangely enough, but has been making up for lost time!
My favorite change in my body has been:
The thicker hair and absence of wads of it in the bottom of the shower every morning are an added bonus. (wink)
What I never thought would change was:
Never thought I would mind sharing my body with someone else who seems to have the upper hand in the situation, but I really don't mind. It feels good being "good"... although I do miss dark chocolate dearly!
At this month's prenatal visit I learned that:
1) my belly wasn't measuring quite up to speed but the baby's leg bones were 1 week longer than they should've been (apparently Baby L is already taking after mommy! ha!)
2) I have to take that dreaded sugar test at our next appointment August 11th (more on that later)
My hopes:
I hope Baby L will have a good moral compass and an abundance of sensibility to guide him/her through the morass of "live for today"/"live for me" that seems to plague so many young people today.
My fears:
Hm, so many at this point... better save this for later posts...

No comments: